Sunday, June 22, 2003
J. WILSON JONES III
J. WILSON JONES III, of Marne,
Mich., formerly of Warrington Township, died Wednesday,
June 11, 2003, at his home after a brief illness. He
Born in Eureka, Warrington
Township, he was the son of
J. Wilson Jones
His first wife, MARGARET WALTER
JONES and his second wife, ANNA SHEELER JENKINS JONES,
preceded him in death.
Wilson attended Millcreek School
and Doylestown High School.
After honorably serving in the
U.S. Army at the close of World War II, Wilson returned
to Green Meadows Farm, the family homestead on Lower
Following the death of his wife,
MARGARET, in 1948, he devoted his life to maintaining
the farm for his daughter and his mother, IDA. He
raised beef cattle and grew various crops.
After marrying ANNA, Wilson sold
the farm and eventually moved to Neshaminy Falls
Village in Montgomeryville.
He was very active in the Church
of the Open Door in Fort Washington and dedicated his
life to his Lord. He spent much of his time visiting
others and sharing his love of the scriptures.
Wilson enjoyed horseback riding,
skating, singing, and cheering for the Phillies.
Shortly after the death of ANNA,
he moved to Marne to be with his daughter and
son-in-law, PAUL, and Paul's mother, JEANNETTE KEISER.
There, he once again had the opportunity to live and
work on a farm. He enjoyed woodworking, helping with
chores, and welcoming newborn lambs. He also traveled
through the West with his daughter and son-in-law.
Wilson's body was donated to
Michigan State University for research. A memorial
service is planned at the Horsham Friends Meeting in
Donations in Wilson's memory may
be made to Campus Crusade for Christ, 100 Lake Hart
Dr., Orlando, FL 32832 or Hospice of Michigan, 1260
Ekhart, Northeast, Grand Rapids, MI 49503.